MinKNOW folders and log files
The way The MinKNOW program organises folder, and the makeup of its various log files is complicated.
This page is an attempt to keep track of them
- The root folder is usually called data.
- MinKNOW deposits log files in the root folder, but uses a subfolder called reads for the FAST5 files.
- Generally speaking one read yields one FAST5 files.
- At this ealy stage FAST5 files contain signal and events, but the bases are not called, so there is no DNA yet.
- Within reads, MinKNOW separates reads into
- - pass
- - fail
- - skip
- - tmp
The log files seem to have prefixes that reflect their type. One set of log files could look like:
These files usually have the date and time added to their name and all have extension txt.